How do you autocomplete when typing a drop down list in Excel without VBA?
9. Press Alt + Q keys simultaneously to close the Microsoft Visual Basic Applications window. From now on, when click on a drop down list cell, the drop down list will prompt automatically. You can start to type in the letter to make the corresponding item complete automatically in selected cell.
How do you make a drop down list searchable?
Create a searchable drop down list in Excel
- If the Developer tab does not display on the ribbon, you can enable the Developer tab as follows.
- After showing the Developer tab, click Developer > Insert > Combo box.
- Draw a Combo box in the worksheet, right click it and then select Properties from the right-clicking menu.
How do you create a drop-down list and show different values?
How to create drop down list but show different values in Excel?
- Create drop down list but show different value in drop down list cell.
- Create a range name for the cell values you want to use in the drop down list, in this example, I will enter the name dropdown in the Name Box, and then press Enter key, see screenshot:
How do I get Excel to auto suggest?
On the Excel menu, click Preferences. Under Formulas and Lists, click AutoComplete. In the Show the menu only after I’ve typed box, enter the number of letters that you want to type before the AutoComplete menu appears. Tip: You can also show the AutoComplete menu by pressing CONTROL + OPTION + DOWN ARROW .
How do I turn on AutoComplete in Excel?
Enable/Disable AutoComplete in Excel
- Navigate to the File > Options menu.
- In the Excel Options window, open Advanced on the left.
- Under the Editing Options section, toggle Enable AutoComplete for cell values on or off depending on whether you want to turn this feature on or disable it.
How do I add suggestions in Excel?
Navigate to the File > Options menu. In the Excel Options window, open Advanced on the left. Under the Editing Options section, toggle Enable AutoComplete for cell values on or off depending on whether you want to turn this feature on or disable it. Click or tap OK to save the changes and continue using Excel.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel that displays a text with a numeric hidden value?
The steps in Excel 2010 are:
- Create your list with matching values.
- On the Data tab choose Data Validation.
- The Data validation form will be displayed.
- Set the Allow dropdown to List.
- Set the Source range to the first part of your list.
- Click on OK (User messages can be added if required)
How to VLOOKUP with drop down list in Excel?
Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word,Excel,PowerPoint,Publisher,Access,Visio and Project.
How do I create drop down list in Excel?
To create a drop-down list in Excel, execute the following steps. 1. On the second sheet, type the items you want to appear in the drop-down list. Note: if you don’t want users to access the items on Sheet2, you can hide Sheet2. To achieve this, right click on the sheet tab of Sheet2 and click on Hide. 2. On the first sheet, select cell B1. 3.
How to access and enable VBA in Excel?
Disable all macros without notification Macros and security alerts about macros are disabled.
How to create dynamic data validation dropdown list in Excel?
Create the first named range and drop-down list as described above. In this example,the range is named ProductList,with values in cells A6:A8.