How do you reference et al in Harvard referencing?
The first author is as listed on the source material, not alphabetical order. Include the first author only followed by ‘et al. ‘ in the citation but name all authors in the reference list.
How do you reference references in Harvard style?
How Do I Format My Harvard Style Reference List?
- Start your reference list on a new page at the end of your document.
- Use ‘Reference List’ as the heading.
- Copy each of your full-length references from the Harvard referencing tool into a list.
How do you reference et al in referencing?
In subsequent citations, only use the first author’s last name followed by “et al.” in the signal phrase or in parentheses. In et al., et should not be followed by a period. Six or More Authors: Use the first author’s name followed by et al.
Can I reference et al?
In APA Style in-text citations, when a source has two authors, list both. When there are three or more authors, cite the first author followed by “et al.” APA does not recommend using “et al.” in the reference list. Instead, list up to 20 authors in full.
Can you put et al in reference list Harvard?
If the work has four or more authors/editors the abbreviation ‘et al. ‘ should be used after the first author’s name. It is also acceptable to use ‘et al. ‘ after the first author if the work has three authors.
What does et al mean in Harvard referencing?
“Et al.” is a Latin term and the short form of “et alia”, which literally means ”and others”. It is used in academic citations for sources that have multiple authors.
Should et al be in bold?
Note that “et al.” is usually italicized. (In hand-written or typed scripts, underlining may be consistently substituted for italics.) It is an abbreviation for “et alia”, meaning “and others”; the full stop must not be omitted.
What is Harvard referencing style examples?
Examples of Referencing in the Harvard Style: Source In-text itation Reference iting page numbers Include page numbers in the citation when you refer to a specific section in the source. Exclude page numbers when you refer to a larger section or to an entire work. Add a comma after the year and use p. for a single page and pp. for a page range.
How to use Harvard style referencing?
– journal article – newspaper article – magazine article
What is the Harvard method of referencing?
How to do Harvard referencing properly?
– Give the original author credit for their own ideas and work – Validate your arguments – Enable the reader to follow up on the original work if they wish to – Enable the reader to see how dated the information might be – Prove to your tutors/lecturers that you have read around the subject – Avoid plagiarism