How do you stay on track during the holidays?
Here are some tips that I’ve learned over the years to help stay on track during the holidays!
- Find a healthy balance. The golden rule!
- Try to get your workout in early.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Get lots of sleep.
- Bring healthier snacks or treats to parties.
- Find an accountability partner or join a challenge.
- Plan ahead.
How do you spend Christmas alone?
Six things to do if you’re alone for Christmas
- Make a meal of it. “The first Christmas I had on my own was initially a bit daunting, but I decided I would do things I would never normally do.
- Treat yourself.
- Join a virtual Christmas party.
- Spend some time volunteering.
- Wrap up and walk.
- Keep yourself occupied.
How do families get through the holidays?
10 Ways to Cope with Difficult Relatives During the Holidays
- Adjust your attitude.
- Have realistic expectations.
- Keep potentially upsetting topics off-limits.
- Accept that the only thing you can control is your reaction.
- Don’t drink too much.
- Get active.
- Practice gratitude.
- Practice tolerance.
Why do I laugh in serious moments?
Nervous laughter happens for a number of reasons. Some research suggests that your body uses this sort of mechanism to regulate emotion. Other research has found that nervous laughter may be a defense mechanism against emotions that may make us feel weak or vulnerable. Either way, it’s pretty weird to experience.
How can I lose weight before I go on holiday?
How to Lose Weight Before Your Beach Holiday
- Eat regularly in small portions. Instead of having three (sometimes two) big meals a day, try having five small meals instead.
- Choose fruits and veggies. To make up for the smaller portions of your meals, top up and feel full with a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- 3. Never skip breakfast to lose weight.
How do you take care of yourself during the holidays?
8 Ways to Take Care of Yourself During the Holidays
- Practice self-compassion.
- Breathe through the pain.
- Listen to your own needs and practice self-care.
- Engage in activities that feel meaningful to you.
- Adjust expectations to be more realistic.
- Create new traditions.
- You are not alone.
- Give yourself the gift of support.
How do you tell your family you don’t want to spend Christmas with them?
Here are 10 tips to make telling family you’re not spending Christmas with them a little easier:
- Honesty is the best policy.
- Don’t get angry.
- You can’t please everyone.
- Give a little.
- There’s always next year.
- Find a different date to celebrate.
- Be in touch on Christmas Day.
- Suggest an alternative.
How do you stay healthy during the holidays?
10 Tips to Stay Healthy During the Holidays
- Drink plenty of water. It’s important to stay hydrated even in the cooler winter months.
- Get a flu shot. The holiday season overlaps with flu season.
- Manage stress.
- Wash your hands often.
- Foodborne illness.
- Make time for exercise.
- Healthy holiday traditions.
- Make healthy food choices.
Where can I spend Christmas?
From Mexico to Malta and northern lights to sunny skies, these 15 destinations celebrate Christmas better than the rest:
- New York.
- Bath, England.
- Barcelona, Spain.
- Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland.
- Nuremberg, Germany.
- Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Quebec City, Canada.
What is the laughing hormone?
Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
How do I get through the holidays without a family?
13 ways to get the most out of your holidays alone
- Treat yourself in a memorable or nostalgic way.
- Remember what (and who) you still have.
- Set whatever tone you want.
- Create new traditions with your substitute family.
- Reset expectations.
- Volunteer your time.
- Practice hospitality.
- Get in touch with your spiritual side.
Why is Christmas so lonely?
You might be alone on Christmas for different reasons, such as the death of a loved one, living far from relatives, or because of social isolation. If you have social anxiety disorder (SAD) and don’t have close relationships with family or friends, loneliness at Christmas could be particularly hard.
How can I stay on track with my diet during the holidays?
5 Tips for Keeping Your Diet on Track Over the Holiday Weekend
- Eat your vegetables, and eat them first. Fill up on vegetables first, then have protein, and always have carbohydrates (i.e., potatoes, chips, rice, pasta) last as the order of your meal.
- Don’t drink your calories.
- Save up for meals, but not too much!
- Get moving.
- Give into your cravings (in moderation).
How do you celebrate Christmas alone?
Here are a bunch of ideas:
- Do things that feel distinctly Christmas-ish. If not being able to participate in your favorite Christmas traditions is going to make you feel particularly sad or lonely, well…just do the traditions alone!
- Do a puzzle. Maybe a Christmas one!
- Work on your hobbies.
- Eat yummy food.
How do I maintain my diet during holidays?
Here are some easy tips you can incorporate:
- Eat a high protein breakfast.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day and before eating.
- Load up on high fiber foods like fruits, veggies and whole grains.
- Curb afternoon cravings with a handful of nuts.
- Limit sugary foods like candies, desserts and refined grains.
Where can I go to avoid Christmas?
10 of the best places to escape Christmas this year
- Gran Canaria.
- Sri Lanka.
- Beijing, China.
- Kerala, India.