How do you get rid of dryness down there?
For vaginal dryness by itself, I recommend trying over-the-counter moisturizers and lubricants.
- Vaginal moisturizers add moisture around and inside the vagina. There are two types.
- Lubricants decrease discomfort during intercourse. Sexually active women should use lubricants in addition to a vaginal moisturizer.
What causes vaginal dryness?
Causes of vaginal dryness Estrogen levels can drop during and after menopause, during childbirth, and during periods of breastfeeding. You may also experience a loss of estrogen if you smoke cigarettes, have had your ovaries removed, have been treated for cancer, or have certain immune disorders.
What are the signs and symptoms of vaginal dryness?
Signs and Symptoms of Vaginal Dryness
- Pain or discomfort during penetrative sexual intercourse.
- Light bleeding after intercourse.
- Soreness, itching, or burning of the vagina.
- Mild vaginal discharge.
What to do if you have vaginal dryness?
Take 2 teaspoons of baking soda powder.
Why am I experiencing vaginal dryness?
What can be done about a dry vagina?
Treatment for this symptom will depend on the cause. Common treatments for vaginal dryness include: Avoiding strong or perfumed soaps or lotions near the vagina. Using estrogen or non-estrogen oral therapies. Using lubricants and vaginal moisturizers that provide short-term moisture.
What can you do for vaginal dryness?
Solution#1: vaginal moisturizers. Think of a vaginal moisturizer like a facial moisturizer for your genital area.