What does fit mean British slang?
1. Fit (adj) So, in the UK fit doesn’t just mean that you go to the gym a lot. Fit is a way of saying that a person is attractive, or sexy. E.g. “That guy is sooo fit.
What do British call condoms?
Rubber. This is an informal way of saying condom on the US – so a rubber is a contraceptive. We just call them condoms in the UK.
What are some Southern slang words?
Southern Slang Words
- Y’all. We’ll start you off with somethin’ simple.
- Down Yonder.
- Bless Your Heart.
- Kiss My Go To Hell.
- Pitch a Hissy Fit.
- Madder Than a Wet Hen.
- Might Could.
What is the British slang for girl?
Bird. Meaning: (Noun) Primarily British, “bird” is used to refer to a young woman or girl.
What does knackered actually mean?
Definition of knackered British. : tired, exhausted. Synonyms & Antonyms Don’t Get Tired Defining Knackered Example Sentences Learn More About knackered.
What is a Johnny slang?
1. ( often capital) informal. a man or boy; chap. 2. a slang word for condom.
What do they call condoms in America?
In North America condoms are also commonly known as prophylactics, or rubbers. In Britain they may be called French letters.
What’s a JAWN in slang?
Jawn is Philadelphia slang for anything … literally anything. Jawn is used as an all encompassing substitute for any person, place, or thing. Like this definition, an informative jawn.
What words do Floridians say weird?
Florida Slang Words
- No see ums = Those annoying bugs that people have a hard time seeing!
- Jit = Usually a kid, but it can be anyone younger than you.
- We’re parked in Goofy = Meaning you have parked a very long distance from your destination.
- Sleep = To be missing out on something.
- Wicked Up = Similar to “wasted”.
What does it mean to YEET?
Yeet is a slang word that functions broadly with the meaning “to throw,” but is especially used to emphasize forcefulness and a lack of concern for the thing being thrown. (You don’t yeet something if you’re worried that it might break.)