What is the vocabulary of flight?
|word part of speech||meaning|
|boarding pass noun||part of the ticket that you give to the crew as you step onto the plane|
|bumpy, rough adj||up and down movement of the aircraft|
|cabin noun||interior of the aircraft|
|call light noun||a button passengers can press to get a crew member’s attention|
Can we say in the airport?
It’s not one of the handful of words that are used without articles (in bed, at home, at church, at school, in hospital) (UK). So you are either “at the airport” (waiting for a friend to arrive, maybe) or “in the airport” (boarding a flight). Either one can be used in most contexts.
How do you describe an airport?
Airport definition The definition of an airport is a place where airplanes take off and land that has all the services and buildings needed to take care of the airplanes, passengers, and cargo. An area with buildings, airplanes, and airstrips is an example of an airport.
What do you hear in an airport?
Phrases you hear in an airport – Intermediate
- What is the purpose of your trip?
- Did you pack this bag yourself?
- Please do not leave any bags unattended.
- Do you have anything to declare?
- Flight BA333 is now boarding.
- Flight UA666 has been cancelled.
- Flight SA999 has been delayed.
- Would passenger Jo Page please come to…
What are the words related to airport?
WORDS RELATED TO AIRPORT
- air base.
- flight strip.
- landing field.
What are the ladies on the plane called?
A flight attendant, also known as steward/stewardess or air host/air hostess, is a member of the aircrew aboard commercial flights, many business jets and some government aircraft. Collectively called cabin crew, flight attendants are primarily responsible for passenger safety and comfort.
What questions airport ask?
Questions you may hear at an airport check-in counter
- May I see your ticket?
- What’s your purpose for traveling?
- Do you have a photo-ID?
- Are you checking any bags?
- How many bags are you checking?
- Do you have a carry-on bag?
- Do you require any special assistance?
- Did you pack these bags yourself?
What is the sentence of airport?
(1) My parents saw me off at the airport. (2) They were in the VIP lounge at the airport. (3) The government expropriated the land for an airport. (4) There is no airport in the locality.