How do I reinstall WMI?
- Disable and stop the WMI service. sc config winmgmt start= disabled. net stop winmgmt.
- Run the following commands. Winmgmt /salvagerepository C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem. Winmgmt /resetrepository C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem.
- Re-enable the WMI service and then reboot the server to see how it goes.
What is WMI in SQL Server?
The WMI Provider for Server Events lets you use the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) to monitor events in SQL Server. The provider works by turning SQL Server into a managed WMI object. Any event that can generate an event notification in SQL Server can be leveraged by the WMI by using this provider.
What is WMI provider error?
When connecting to servers, SQL Server Configuration Manager uses WMI to obtain the status of the SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) and SQL Server Agent services. This problem occurs because the WMI provider is removed when you uninstall an instance of SQL Server. This file is located in the %programfiles(x86)% folder.
How do you fix WMI classes?
To perform a rebuild of the WMI repository, please do the following:
- Disable and stop the winmgmt service.
- Remove or rename C:\Windows\System32\wbem\repository.
- Enable and start the winmgmt service.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Run the following commands:
Can we restart WMI service?
To start Winmgmt Service At a command prompt, enter net start winmgmt [/]. For more information about the switches that are available, see winmgmt. You use the built-in Administrator account or an account in the Administrators group running with elevated rights to start the WMI service.
How do I run SQL repair?
Launch the SQL Server Setup program (setup.exe) from SQL Server installation media. After prerequisites and system verification, the Setup program will display the SQL Server Installation Center page. Click Maintenance in the left-hand navigation area, and then click Repair to start the repair operation.
Can not connect to WMI provider SQL Server 2008?
You may have multiple SQL instances installed on the machine and have uninstalled one of these instances. This issue occurs when you uninstall an instance of SQL Server 2008 because the 32- and 64-bit instances share the same WMI. When you uninstall one of the instances, the WMI provider is removed.
How do I check WMI access?
The process to perform a quick test of the WMI services on a remote machine is not much different than testing the local services.
- Click Start, click Run, type wmimgmt.
- Right-click WMI Control (Local), and then click Connect to another computer.
- Click Another computer, and then enter the name of the remote computer.
How do I check my WMI consistency?
- Open an elevated command prompt.
- Verify the WMI repository is not corrupt by running the following command: winmgmt /verifyrepository. If the repository is not corrupted, a “WMI Repository is consistent” message will be returned. If you get something else, go to step 3.
- Run the following commands to repair WMI: