What to do when PC says a disk read error occurred?
If “A disk read error occurred” appears on a Windows 8, run the same bootrec utility:
- Boot from the installation media.
- Click Repair your computer or press R.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Click Command Prompt.
- Type the commands and press Enter after each: bootrec /rebuildbcd bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot.
How do I fix disk read error occurred in Windows 10?
Here’s how to do it:
- Boot from the original disk, then select the language.
- Click Repair your computer, then select Command Prompt.
- Enter the following Commands in the Command prompt separately and press Enter after each command: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.
How do I restart a computer with disk read error?
Disk Read error occurred. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to restart – Microsoft Community Well this is aggravating me, so hopefully someone can help me out. Came home and was advised that the computer won’t start. Turn on the computer and after the initial loading, it states “Disk Read Disk Read error occurred. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to restart
How to fix “press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart to restart” error?
Press ctrl+alt+delete to restart” problem. 1. Test the Memory This isn’t actually mentioned that much around the web as a solution to the disk read error problem, but believe it or not, this was my problem. I used a tool called Memtest86+ and ran tests on my RAM, and indeed there were problems.
How to fix disk read error on YouTube?
– YouTube [SOLVED] A disk read error occurred press Ctrl Alt Del to restart | Computer not booting up… If playback doesn’t begin shortly, try restarting your device.
How to troubleshoot disk read error 8?
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart Error 8 Solutions to Troubleshoot A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart Error When you have a problem while using your computer and you receive an error message during a crash, you’re hoping the message will point toward the cause and then it can be appropriately rectified.