What are some fun facts about Iran?
14 Interesting facts about Iran
- Iran is not an Arab country and Iranians are Persians.
- In Iran has its own calendar.
- Iran or Persia.
- Iranian food is delicious.
- The weekend in Iran is Friday.
- A thumbs-up is bad, really bad, in Iran.
- Iran is home to Zoroastrianism, one of the oldest religions in the world.
What is special about Iran country?
Iran is not only the world’s fifth-biggest petroleum producer (about 4.1 million barrels a day) and 12th-biggest exporter (1.3 million barrels a day), it also has the world’s fourth-largest stock of proven crude oil reserves: 158.4 billion barrels, trailing only Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and Canada.
What are 10 facts about Iran?
Top 10 Interesting Facts About Iran
- Iran Has The Third Highest Number Of UNESCO World Heritage Sites In Asia.
- Iran Is An Energy Superpower.
- Iran Is One Of The Few Muslim Countries With Shia Muslims As A Majority.
- Iran Is The Birthplace Of One Of The World’s Oldest Civilizations.
What does a thumbs up mean in Iran?
The thumbs-up gesture is a sign of approval in most countries. However, in several countries in West Africa and the Middle East, including Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan, the gesture has the connotation of “up yours!” It’s used the same way the middle finger is in the US.
What are 5 interesting facts about Iran?
The country of Iran covers 636,372 square miles. Iran is the 17th largest country by square miles. The largest city in Iran is Tehran. The highest point in Iran is Mount Damavand at 18,406 feet. The longest river in Iran is the Karun River at 590 miles long. The largest lake in Iran is Lake Urmia at 2,000 square miles.
How old is Iran in years?
With a cultural history and ancient sites that date back to as early as 4,000 BC, there are dozens of reasons to travel to this beautiful Middle Eastern country. Here are 55 interesting facts about Iran that cover its culture, history, economy, people, women, government, food and lots more.
Why is Iran an important country?
Iran is an important country because it has some of the largest oil reserves in the world and it sits in a strategic position between Northeastern Asia, Western Asia and North Africa. Iran borders the Caspian Sea, the Persian Gulf and the Arabic Sea. Iran is a large country, with intimidating mountain ranges, barren deserts and dense forests.
Where is Iran located?
Iran Facts for Kids (All You Need to Know!) Iran also is known as the Islamic Republic of Iran or Persia, is a sovereign state located on the west side of Asia.