Can I use a DualShock 3 with PCSX2?
Unfortunately, the PS2 controller does not connect to any computer ports. The PS3 controller, however, does have a USB interface, which means it can be used to play games on your computer. Unfortunately, the PS3 controller is not a plug-and-play device when it is connected to a computer.
How do I use a controller with PCSX2?
How to Run or Use a USB Joystick on PCSX2
- Plug the USB controller into the computer.
- Click the “Controllers (PAD)” option from the context menu.
- Click the “Pad 1” tab on the top of the next window and a list of PS2 controller buttons is displayed.
- Continue to map each PS2 controller button to the USB controller.
How do you link a PS3 controller?
How to Sync a Controller to a Playstation 3 Console
- Turn on your PlayStation 3.
- Connect a mini USB cable to your controller.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your PS3.
- Push the PlayStation button in the middle of the controller to turn it on.
- Wait for the lights on the controller to stop flashing.
Can you use a PS4 controller on pcsx2?
If you feel nostalgic about PlayStation 2 games, you can just download the PCSX2 program for free from the internet and play any classic PlayStation games on your PC. The PCSX2 works well with the DualShock 2, but you can also use the DualShock 4 controller or the keyboard.
Can I use a PS3 controller with PCSX2?
I plugged in the PS3 DualShock controller to my computer and it works fine with MotionInJoy, even the analog controls. I loaded Final Fantasy XII (yeah, another Final Fantasy game) on PCSX2 and the game works fine. I see the opening AV, but I can’t seem to start the game. I checked with Config and I see that LilyPad svn 0.11.0 is greyed out.
Is there a way to read a DualShock 3 controller?
The DualShock 3 is not a standard HID controller. Something needs to initialize it before it can be read. There are a number of utilities that can do it. Recent versions of LilyPad (You’re not using one) can, if you install libusb and set DS3 native mode.
How do I set up PCSX2’s quick setup?
Open up PCSX2. At the top of the window, click on the Pad 1 tab right next to General. Click on Quick Setup and press the buttons as directed. And you’re done!