Can we track IP address in Google Analytics?
IP addresses are not available in your Google Analytics reports. So, while Google does collect IP addresses, Google doesn’t provide that data to end users. The bottom line is you are not able to see IP addresses anywhere in your Google Analytics reports.
How do I find the IP address in Google Analytics?
To find visitor’s IP address, follow these steps:
- Go to Menu > Analytics.
- Navigate to Reports.
- On the left, click Session log.
- The visitor IP address is listed at the top of each session log. Note: You may see zeroes in the visitor IP address. It’s because the address is masked.
How do you whitelist IP address in Google Analytics?
Remove/block/exclude your own views (IP address) inside Google Analytics
- Find the IP address you want to block.
- Find admin panel in Google Analytics.
- Select ‘Add filter’
- Name your filter.
- Select ‘exclude’ in filter type.
- Enter IP address in Filter pattern.
- Select what you want to filter.
How do I filter Google Analytics by IP address?
From the Select filter type menu, select Exclude . From the Select source or destination menu, select traffic from the IP addresses. From the Select expression menu, select the appropriate expression. Enter the IP address or a regular expression.
How do I make Google Analytics anonymous?
To anonymize IP addresses in GTM, you need to adjust your Google Analytics Settings variable. Or you can do this directly in your Universal Analytics tag. In the GA settings variable, change your Fields to Set to “anonymizeIp,” and set your value to “true.”
How do I find location in Google Analytics?
To access Google Analytics map and location features login to your Analytics account and navigate to “Visitors” and then “Map Overlay.” Some newer versions of Google Analytics may say “Demographics” rather than “Map Overlay.” Find “Map Overlay” under “Visitors” in Google Analytic’s left navigation.
How do I anonymize data in Google Analytics?
How do I add multiple IP addresses to Google Analytics?
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to “Admin” in your Google Analytics account.
- Find the “View” column and click on “Filters.”
- Click “Add filter.”
- Name your filter.
- Leave the Filter Type as “Predefined” then select “Exclude” and “Traffic from the IP Addresses.
How do I anonymize Google Analytics?
The IP Anonymization feature in Google Analytics is not enabled by default. You would need to enable it by making a small code change or by adding a new variable in your GTM tag. Note: Do not use the property ID ”UA-1123456-78′. Use your own property ID.
How do I filter Google Analytics?
Create a filter at the view level
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view in which you want to create the filter.
- In the VIEW column, click Filters.
- Click + Add Filter.
- Select Create new Filter.
- Enter a name for the filter.
- Select Predefined to select from the predefined filter types.