Is LexisNexis a database?
LexisNexis is a corporation that sells data mining platforms through online portals, computer-assisted legal research (CALR) and information about vast swaths of consumers around the world. As of 2006, the company had the world’s largest electronic database for legal and public-records–related information.
How do I use LexisNexis for legal research?
- Retrieve full-text documents by citation.
- Get and print by citation.
- Find a full-text case by name.
- Browse or search a table of contents (TOC)
- Browse statutes.
- Research a specific legal topic (Browse Topics)
- Refine your search results.
- Copy cites and text for your work.
What is LexisNexis database search?
LexisNexis® Public Records. Uncover hidden connections between people, companies and assets that could impact your business.
Who has access to LexisNexis?
Q. Who are your customers? Examples of LexisNexis customers include law enforcement agencies, federal homeland security departments, banking and financial services companies and insurance carriers, legal professionals, and state and local governments.
How do you validate legal research?
The only way you can know if your case is still good law is to validate your research. “Validating” your case research means to run your case through a citator service to see if there are subsequent legal authorities that invalidate your case and then reading those cases that negatively impact your case.
Can you search for people on Lexis?
LexisNexis offers various options for researching people. You can leverage the SmartLinx Comprehensive Person Report for a broad overview with links; Locate a Person (Nationwide) Search for targeted research across multiple states; or Statewide Person Search for locating records in a specific state.
How to access LexisNexis public records?
Instant access to cases,statutes,Shepard’s,newspapers,law review articles
How to search for people on LexisNexis?
Enter the First and Last names of the person you wish to research.
How to get LexisNexis access for free?
– Pacific Gas & E. Co. v. – People v. Sanchez S216681 CORRIGAN, J.— In Crawford v. Washington (2004) 541 U.S. – In re Caremark Int’l CONSOLIDATED CIVIL ACTION NO. 13670 Pending is a motion pursuant to Chancery Rule 23.1 to approve as fair and reasonable a proposed settlement of a consolidated – Pierce v. Ortho Pharmaceutical Corp.
How do I access Lexis Nexis?
– Yes, you can access your LexisNexis eBook directly from your computer. – Read Now, powered by OverDrive Read, is our preferred reader and does not require any additional software. – There are many free e-readers such as Adobe ® Digital Editions that you can use on the desktop or laptop.