How can I prepare English vocabulary for competitive exams?
Expert Tips to Improve Vocabulary
- Read Newspapers/ Editorial Articles.
- Bookmark the Difficult Words.
- Attempt Previous Year Question Paper.
- Attempt Daily Quizzes and Mock Tests on BYJU’S Exam Prep.
- Relate the Word to other Words.
- Create Your Sentences.
- Record Your Voice.
- Use Mnemonics.
What is vocabulary in competitive exams?
A better vocabulary helps in solving certain question types like find the synonyms/ antonyms; find a word’s meaning; answer passage – based questions; find the odd word based on meaning; etc. The English sections of competitive exams ask such questions frequently, and a good vocabulary helps immensely.
What is a vocabulary quiz?
Definition of vocabulary test : a test for knowledge (as of meaning or use) of a selected list of words that is often used as part of an intelligence test.
How can I improve my English SSC?
How To Prepare English For SSC CGL Exam :
- Improve your vocabulary: Candidates should focus on improving their vocabulary as it will help them in fetching marks in topics like antonyms and synonyms, cloze test etc.
- Brush up your English Grammar:
- Work on improving your Reading Skills:
- Solve Past Year Papers:
How do you prepare for vocabulary?
7 Ways to Improve Your Vocabulary
- Develop a reading habit. Vocabulary building is easiest when you encounter words in context.
- Use the dictionary and thesaurus.
- Play word games.
- Use flashcards.
- Subscribe to “word of the day” feeds.
- Use mnemonics.
- Practice using new words in conversation.
How do I study for a vocabulary Quiz?
10 Ways to Effectively Study Vocab Words
- Define it. Write out each word and their meanings.
- Draw it. Get creative!
- Contextualize it. Write the word in a new sentence or two.
- Type it.
- Fictionalize it.
- Deconstruct it.
- Group it.
- Speak it.
Can students retake a Quiz on vocabulary com?
If you leave the Quiz before completing it, you will not get credit for the last question you saw. You can, however, return to the Quiz later and resume your work on the rest of the questions.