What is the best way to sell old coins?
Best places to sell coins online
- CoinsForSale.com Only 5% to sell. No listing fee.
- Heritage Auctions 10% fee. Consignment program.
- Ebay 12.35% + $. 030 fee, plus listing fees.
- Apmex Well known. But won’t pay until after you’ve shipped your coins.
- Modern Coin Mart Won’t pay you until after you’ve sent them your coins.
Where can I buy coins in San Francisco?
Top 10 Best coin dealers in San Francisco, CA
- Polyak Precious Metals. 2.3 mi.
- Oxbridge Coins. 2.5 mi.
- Don’s Village Coins. 2.8 mi.
- Witter Coins. 2.7 mi.
- Robert R. Johnson Coin and Stamp Company.
- Pacific Precious Metals. 7.4 mi.
- San Francisco Diamond & Jewelry Buyers. 1.9 mi.
- United States Stamp Company. 9.5 mi.
How much are silver quarters worth?
How much is a silver quarter worth today? Each silver quarter contains 0.18084 troy ounce of pure silver. Simply multiply this number by the current spot price of silver in order to find their melt value today. Based on the average silver price over the past decade, the value is generally between $3 and $5.
Should I clean my old coins before selling?
Don’t clean your coins! Not only does this cut their value by as much as half (or possibly even more), but it will be an immediate deal-breaker for many dealers who would’ve otherwise wanted to buy your coins if only they were left in their original condition.
Do they still mint coins in San Francisco?
The United States Mint at San Francisco plays an important role in our nation’s coinage. Although it does not currently produce circulating coins, it mints: Clad and silver proof coin sets.
Are San Francisco Mint coins rare?
Rare, Historic U.S. Today, the San Francisco Mint is the United State Mint famous for many rare, legendary issues. Some dates are recognized as being elusive, scarce, or rare including one of the great American coin rarities, the 1870-S $3 piece valued today at well over one million dollars.