What is the NDS system?
The Negotiated Dealing System, or NDS, is an electronic trading platform operated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to facilitate the issuing and exchange of government securities and other types of money market instruments.
How can we prevent erosion from downspouts?
- Install splash guards at each corner of your gutters to direct water through the entire system, rather than having it run off the edge.
- Lay gravel around the existing downspout so that it slopes away from your home to protect the landscaping from erosion.
What are LID techniques?
These home-based Low Impact Development (LID) techniques include rain gardens, permeable pavement, rainwater catchment, and soil amendments for better absorption. LID can be applied to new development or an existing home and can be successful in many different situations from urban to rural.
How do you divert a gutter downspout?
Direct-Piping Downspout Redirection
- Cut the end of the existing downspout. Using a fine-tooth hacksaw, cut the end of the downspout so that it ends approximately 9 inches above the standpipe.
- Cap the standpipe.
- Attach the elbow.
- Install a downspout extension.
What is NDS pipe?
Offering a sustainable alternative to traditional paving methods, NDS permeable pavers look identical to regular turf or gravel, but can support anything from a firetruck to daily vehicle parking.
What is PDO NDS?
RBI has commenced an integrated project on Negotiated Dealing System, which will provide electronic dealing platform for trading in government securities and money market instruments and computerization of its Public Debt Offices for complete automation of the operations (called the PDO-NDS Project).
How do you deal with a downspout runoff?
10 Gutter and Downspout Runoff Drainage Tips
- Inspect & Clear Out Your Gutters Regularly.
- Install Gutter Guards.
- Landscape Plants.
- Extend Your Downspouts.
- Route the Water into a Storm Drain or Dry Well.
- Improve Your Grading & Slope.
- Check for Low Spots Around Your Home.
- Consider Installing “french drains,”
How do you divert runoff water?
10 Ways To Manage Runoff Water
- Add plants. Incorporate plantings, especially in areas where runoff collects.
- Protect trees. Like other plant roots, tree roots help absorb and filter runoff.
- Break up slabs.
- Go permeable.
- Catch runoff.
- How to Divert Water Runoff from Driveway.
- Plant a rain garden.
- Cover soil.
What is LID and green infrastructure?
Low Impact Development (LID) and Green Infrastructure (GI)has emerged as an attractive approach to controlling stormwater runoff pollution and protecting watersheds. LID attempts to replicate pre-development hydrology to reduce the impacts of development.
How do downspouts help with drainage?
Your roof and gutter play a great role in transporting rainwater and then depositing it to the bottom of your downspouts. The downspouts — vertical attachments on the gutter — in turn, transfer this water away from the foundation and into the drainage system.
Can a downspout be connected to a catchment system?
As an alternative to draining roof runoff to daylight, the downspout can connect to a catchment system, storm sewer, or rainwater harvesting system. Figure 6 depicts one type, known as a drywell, that can be installed, but other types of both underground and above-grade catchment systems are available.
What are the different types of downspout drain lines?
Downspout drain lines are of two types — PVC drain lines and corrugated pipes. The former is able to handle thrice the volume of water as compared to the latter.
Why are gutters and downspouts so important?
A system of gutters and downspouts is particularly important to keep water away from the building foundation in areas with expansive and/or collapsible soils. Expansive soils swell when they get wet and can put extreme pressure on foundations, even to the point of causing cracking or uplift of foundation materials.