What are good activities for 18 month olds?
Activities for your 18 month old toddler
- Climbing the playground structures. Skills Developed.
- Play dough fun. Play dough is lots of fun and has many benefits.
- Rumble play. Skills Developed.
- Feather blowing. Skills Developed.
- Doodle fun with chalk.
- Spice it up.
- Dancing Caterpillar.
- Messy play: Pool of flowers.
What skills should I teach my 18 month old?
Your child should be able to:
- Know the uses of ordinary things: a brush, spoon, or chair.
- Point to a body part.
- Scribble on their own.
- Follow a one-step verbal command without any gestures (for instance, they can sit when you tell them to “sit down”)
- Play pretend, such as feeding a doll.
What should I be teaching my 12-18 month old?
Everything in This Slideshow
- 1 of 8. Read 20 Minutes Everyday.
- 2 of 8. Talk to Your Child.
- 3 of 8. Listen to Music With Him.
- 4 of 8. Teach Him about Shapes and Numbers.
- 5 of 8. Teach Your Child About His Body Parts.
- 6 of 8. Use Instructions.
- 7 of 8. Raising Your Child.
- 8 of 8. More Activities for 12-18 Month Toddlers.
How do I keep my 18-month-old entertained?
45+ Learning Activities For 18-24 month olds. Toddler activities.
- Move the buttons into the circle.
- Fishing game for toddlers.
- Tickle game.
- Paint on ice.
- Put hair elastics on doll’s legs/hands.
- Matching animal figures to book images.
- Finger puppets made out of a latex glove.
- Sticking foam letters to the window.
How many words should an 18 month old be saying?
Important Language Milestones 18 month olds should use least 20 words, including different types of words, such as nouns (“baby”, “cookie”), verbs (“eat”, “go”), prepositions (“up”, “down”), adjectives (“hot”, “sleepy”), and social words (“hi”, “bye”).
How do I entertain my 18 month old indoors?
How many words should a 18 month old be saying?
What can I teach my 18 month old?
Toddler Toys. Plastic animals are still staple as well as a pretend tea set and (her brothers) Lego.
What should a 18 month old be doing?
– Walks up stairs – Begins to run – Pulls a toy when walking – Can undress – Drinks from a cup and eats with a spoon – Has a vocabulary of about 18 words – Says and shakes her head “no” – Points to what she wants
What are good toys for 18 month olds?
Best toy for 12- to 18-month-olds overall: Little Tikes Learn&Play 2-in-1 Activity Tunnel
How to entertain a 18 month old?
18. Go Fishing. Puzzles are so important for the developing 18-month-old. It really works their brain and helps them with their hand and eye coordination. This little fish puzzle helps children work on their coordination, learn their colors and begin to learn color words.