What is text selecting?
Selecting is highlighting text or picking an object. For example, you can select text to copy, cut, or move that text to an alternate location or select a file you want to view. If something is selected, you can deselect text or another object by clicking somewhere else on the screen.
How do you select different lines of text?
To select items that are not next to each other, follow these steps:
- Select the first item that you want. For example, select some text.
- Press and hold CTRL.
- Select the next item that you want. Important Be sure to press and hold CTRL while you select the next item that you want to include in the selection.
What is a rich text field?
Rich text is text that is formatted with common formatting options, such as bold and italics, that are unavailable with plain text. You format your data by using common formatting tools, such as the Ribbon and the Mini Toolbar.
How do you select two words at the same time?
Select multiple words with the mouse ↩
- Place your cursor somewhere in or next to the first word you wish to select.
- While holding down Ctrl (Windows & Linux) or Command (Mac OS X), click in the next word you wish to select.
- Repeat until you’ve selected the words you want to change.
How do you highlight multiple words in pages?
Select a paragraph: Triple-click in the paragraph. Select a range of text: Click in front of the first character, then hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click at the end of the text you want to select. You can select just a few characters or a large amount of text across paragraphs or pages.
What is formatting in word processing?
Formatting: The process of formatting a document involves specifying how the document will look in its final form on the screen and when printed. Common formatting options include the font, font size, color, alignment, spacing, margins and other properties.
How do I convert plain text to rich text?
Convert Rich Text to Plain Text Quickly in Mac OS X
- Launch TextEdit from within the /Applications/ directory and open a new blank document.
- Paste the rich text you want converted to plain text into the blank document.
- Pull down the “Format” menu and choose “Make Plain Text”, or just hit Command+Shift+T.
- Click “OK” and then re-save the file into a txt document.