What is a paraphrase Quizizz?
A paraphrase is more than a summary of a text’s main ideas—it restates each key idea in about the same number of words.
What is the main difference between writing a paraphrase in writing a summary?
A summary is in your own words, but some key words may not be able to be changed. However, a summary can contain brief quotations of significant language. A paraphrase is in your own words, but you must change both the words and the sentence structures of the original passage.
What is the definition of paraphrasing quizlet?
Paraphrasing. Expressing the meaning of the writer or speaker using different words to achieve greater clarity yet retaining the main idea. Summarizing. Putting the main idea in a shortened form in your own words. You just studied 4 terms!
How do you rephrase an essay?
- Start your first sentence at a different point from that of the original source.
- Use synonyms (words that mean the same thing)
- Change the sentence structure (e.g. from active to passive voice)
- Break the information into separate sentences.
What are the differences and similarities between paraphrasing and summarizing?
Check for plagiarism & grammar mistakes
- Quotations must be identical to the original, using a narrow segment of the source.
- Paraphrasing involves putting a passage from source material into your own words.
- Summarizing involves putting the main idea(s) into your own words, including only the main point(s).
How do you paraphrase dialogue?
To paraphrase text, follow these four steps:
- Read and Make Notes. Carefully read the text that you want to paraphrase.
- Find Different Terms.
- Put the Text into Your Own Words.
- Check Your Work.
- Get a General Idea of the Original.
- Check Your Understanding.
- Make Notes.
- Write Your Summary.